Parish Of Christ Church Surrey ...
hover the cursor over image to pan/zoom, or click the image to view a larger version
click here to view a large version in a separate window
A detailed plan of the area immediately to the south of Blackfriars Bridge, formerly the parish of Christ Church which no longer stands. Blackfriars Road is here named Great Surrey Street. Stamford Street and Nelson Square are named on the map and are still very much in evidence today. The map was sirveyed by H.Gardner of Blackfriars and was published by Robert Wilkinson in his "London Illustrata". There is a vignette view of Christ
Church itself (built 1737) at lower left. A little very light offsetting,
otherwise in good condition.
region: London Maps & Plans
place and date of publication: London 1821
medium and colour: Copperplate, Uncolouredref: 18737
size in mm: 315 x 255
Price: £ 240£ 144
return to London Maps & Plans