Plan of the Moor Park Estate Hertfordshire & Middlesex
hover the cursor over image to pan/zoom, or click the image to view a larger version
click here to view a large version in a separate window
An attractively ornate estate plan produced in 1919 for the sale by auction by Knight, Frank and Rutley. Moor Park was originally an area of Ruislip Moor, located in the ancient parish of Rickmansworth, on the boundary of Ruislip. The house and part of the grounds are now occupied by Moor Park Golf Club. Moor Park was originally a country house originally built in 1678–9 for James, Duke of Monmouth, reconstructed in the Palladian style circa 1720 by Giacomo Leoni. The area extends from Rickmansworth (shown in detail) and Watford down to Northwood, including Sandy Lodge, to which Merchant Taylors School would later move in 1933.
mapmaker: Knight, Frank & Rutley
place and date of publication: London 1919
medium and colour: lithograph, Colouredref: 42155
size in mm: 920 by 1390mm (36.25 by 54.75 inches).
Price: £ 600
return to English County Maps B-K