St Michael's Church, Bath.
hover the cursor over image to pan/zoom, or click the image to view a larger version
click here to view a large version in a separate window
Clear and attractive engraving of St Michael's Church in the centre of Bath. Seen is a man sweeping the road, a cheeky looking dog, and members of the gentry walking towards the (now) Waitrose car park. Designed and constructed by craftsman J. Harvey between 1734 and 1742, the structure originally featured an impressive dome and was half the size of the current Victorian church. The present church is of 1835-7, by G. P. Manners.
mapmaker: J. Holloway
place and date of publication: Bath c. 1880
medium and colour: Steelplate, Uncolouredref: 44300
size in mm: 110 by 100mm (4.25 by 4 inches).
Price: £ 30£ 15
return to English County Maps L-Y